Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Nice Place to Visit


Forty minutes, and counting, until the first new The West Wing episode in six weeks. Now that NBC isn't boring America to death with their Olympics coverage, we can get back to more important things. Like Josh and Donna finally kissing!

On another note...

Boxed wine is the instrument of the devil. Those pretty photographs on the sides, depicting a well-poured glass of whatever flavor you have just purchased....insidious marketing tools! You can't see inside of that box to measure how much you have consumed. It just sits in the fridge, so innocent with its little black spout.

How much did I have to drink last night? Your guess is as good as mine. Enough to sing along very loudly to the musical episode of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer ("Once More With Feeling"). Enough to blather on and on about random idiocy until 3am. Enough to fall into bed, then promptly get back up and wander out into the living room, where I proceeded to fall asleep on the papasan chair. I woke up at 6:30am with a kitty in my lap and the rising sun in my eyes. Kitty went onto the floor, and I stumbled back to bed. I woke up around 10am, feeling bloated, dehydrated, and a little headachy.

But in my drunken semi-stupor I came to a decision about something (sorry, not going to elaborate here). It took a couple of glasses of wine to get it off my chest, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Roomie and I took a drive to Frederick, MD today so she could deposit a check. We walked around Market Street for an hour, visiting shops and window shopping. Frederick's downtown is apparently one of those towns of yesteryear where stores are actually closed on Sunday. I was doing some research for my Work-in-Progress. Two characters will eventually do some Christmas shopping in downtown Frederick, and I needed some information. Granted, the WIP is set twenty-five years in the future, but some buildings have been there for a hundred years. They'll still be around in another quarter of a century.

For any of my AbsoluteWrite consorts reading this, it dawned on my when I started writing this entry that I was *this close* to the home of one of the largest Publishing ScAms in the country. Yes, I admit to living within 25 miles of Frederick, MD. It really is a beautiful town, certain businesses notwithstanding.

No comments: