Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Worst Feeling in the World...

....is being absolutely certain you have something, but being unable to find it.

Last night, I wrote out the last check in my checkbook. Not a problem, I had a box of a hundred more (I'd just ordered them back in July and rarely write more than four checks a month for various bills). I also knew I'd just seen them a week or two ago, so they should be easy to find.

Nuh uh.

I searched in every drawer and even in those plastic tub things under my bed. Twice! No dice. That box of checks is well-hidden. I'll probably find them in March. I'm not panicking, because I know they're in the house. And I suppose it's as good a reason as any to order new checks with my new mailing address.

Still! I hate not being to find something I know exists! Grrr....

Anywho, I'll be off to my grandparents' house in a few hours for Christmas Eve festivities. Since my roomie is going to out of state to see her family, I've got the house to myself tonight. I think this is the first Christmas Eve night I've ever NOT spent at my parents house. Just me and my cat.

Oh, and the fudge? Semi-sweet chocolate with orange extract. YUMMY!!!!

2 comments:

Kappa no He said...

Hope you're having a great Christmas. Just yesterday I searched all afternoon for a book I was JUST reading. Of course, I found it right in front of my face the whole time.

Terrie

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

It's been a much more relaxed Christmas than last year, I'll tell ya. Although our Christmas tree has died overnight. :(

I've found that when I lose something, it's usually right in front of me. Why is that? Gremlins? I blame gremlins.