Thursday, November 25, 2010

On Thanksgiving Day....

Photobucket

...I'm thankful for a lot of things. But rather than boring you to tears with a long list, I figured I'd go for five. Five is a nice number.

5. I'm thankful I didn't have to cook and host the entire Thanksgiving meal this year. We three siblings (myself, sister and half-brother) put it all together and took it to my parents' house. Dad couldn't travel because of #4.

4. I'm thankful my Dad finally got the surgery on his leg that he's needed for months, and that it went well.

3. I'm thankful that I have an amazing agent who sold 4 books for me this year.

2. I'm thankful to have a happy, healthy kitty cat who is eating well, doing well, and is all-around terrific. This time last year she was just starting to get sick, and every time she purrs for me I remember how lucky I am to still have her.

1. I'm thankful for you, Readers, for making it possible to get paid for what I love to do: write.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Mardel said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for - health, books being sold, help with cooking - all important things. :) and I'm excited we get to read more from you!