Thursday, June 19, 2008

Overheard at the Stoplight

Apparently, my voice travels. This afternoon I was in a left turn lane with two other cars in front of me. The lights change. I wait for our turn. We get a green arrow. First car goes. Second car sits there; the driver is looking down, seeming to search for something.

"Lady!" I shout, as I hit my horn. Obviously, she can't hear me shout, but the horn doesn't seem to get her attention either.

The light changes from green to yellow to red. I'm annoyed, because it's a long light to sit through again, so I once again shout something. This time it's "Bitch!" Which is somewhat unlike me.

She finally notices she's missed the light when the cars next to us start to move again. A red pick-up truck passes me, at which point I realize my window is six inches open, because the pick-up driver shouts at me, "You tell her!"

I was both amused and horrified. I laughed about it until the light changed (me waiting with hand on horn, just in case the other driver wasn't watching).

No comments: