Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time Ticking Away

I had a moment of self-awareness this evening while watching "24: Redemption." It had nothing to do with my adoration of Kiefer Sutherland (that's nothing new), or how excited I am for the new season to start (hello, He Who Does Not Stay Dead!). It occurred to me that even while it's been off the air for a year and a half, that ticking clock has never really gone away.

I can trace my own affinity for ticking clocks and time crunches directly to this show, and I think it may have unconsciously affected me when I originally wrote THREE DAYS TO DEAD. Evy's three days are counted down by a ticking clock of sorts, that traces the hours as they pass her by. When I sat down tonight to watch the "24" movie, and that familiar clock started to tick, I immediately flashed to my own manuscript.

It's funny how we can connect things sometimes.


And on a slightly spoilerish note, I have a message for any remaining old pals of Jack Bauer's: just paint a big-ass target on your back and get it over with.

No comments: