Monday, November 02, 2009

Updates, Interviews and Polls, Oh My!

So after last week's little laptop drama, I am now the proud owner of a brand-new Sony Vaio. She's gorgeous and fast and shiny! And my Sonja is also packed up the whazoo with virus protection and anti-spyware software. Windows 7 isn't what I'm used to, but I'm adapting. Many of the new features are really awesome. And I love the slightly raised, parted keyboard. Much more like a regular keyboard.

I spent yesterday helping my sister and her boyfriend pull off a Halloween party for about a dozen kids (plus adults). They do it every year, with food, a bonfire and a hay ride (yes, a real hay ride). It was a lot of fun, and I ate way too much yummy stuff. I even got a bag of candy out of the deal (mini-Twix = WIN!). My niece was all adorable in a skeleton sweatshirt/pants ensemble. She trick-or-treated (as much as a 9-month old can) the night before as a fairy princess.

On the book-related front, Three Days to Dead releases three weeks from tomorrow. Every time I think about it, I start to freak a little bit. But I have lots of things to keep my busy.

Don't forget to check out the 2K Event and all the ways you can enter to win a $100 Amazon gift certificate.

I have a new interview up at Obfuscation of Reality. Come listen to me babble!

Also, Bitten by Books is running a poll on most anticipated November releases. I'm in the running, as is fellow League debutante Nicole Peeler. So come on over and cast a vote!

5 comments:

Tyhitia Green said...

I already voted for ya! :-D And I'm going to look in my local bookstore because sometimes books come early and I'm sooo buying it. :-D

Abigail said...

I got my shiny Vaio this summer and love it. Just watch out if you have a fat dog that likes to jump in your lap as this will cause the 1 key to pop off :)

Enchanted by Books said...

You are too funny! I just died laughing when I saw you officially called your laptop by the name I gave you on Twitter. LOL I hope Sonja Martini is doing well and happy in her new home. :)

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Abigail, my cat keeps trying to sit on top of it when it's closed. She's quite annoying.

Rachael - *g* Told you I loved the name!

alanajoli said...

Ack! Total vote fail on my part! I missed you on that list. :( I've gone over and commented to rectify my oversight.