Thursday, November 26, 2009

Three Things

Thing #1.

My second serialized short story started yesterday on Suvudu.com. "Pride Before Fall" will be posted in five parts, just like "The Hoarder." You'll see more of Tybalt, the main character, next summer in AS LIE THE DEAD, but for now, I hope you enjoy.

Thing #2.

There's a special kind of happiness felt when you're told by a thirteen year-old girl that your book "is better than Twilight." And to then by told by a friend to whom you related the story than her fourteen year-old daughter agrees. Now, THREE DAYS TO DEAD isn't targeted to teens, but I like the idea of teenage girls identifying with a woman who takes charge of her destiny, rather than lusts after a guy and lets him control her.

Thing #3.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my fellow U.S. residents who are celebrating today!

Photobucket

I'm hosting today, so I have to get offline soon. Still have mashed potatoes, Mac-n-cheese, stuffing, and cracker dressing to prepare.

5 comments:

Barbara E. said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And congrats on the release of Three Days To Dead. I'm probably going shopping today or tomorrow, I have a B&N gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and that's the first book I'm choosing.

Melanie Hooyenga said...

That's a wonderful compliment!!

Anonymous said...

I bought your book today after seeing it in the B and N. It looked good, and saw the Patricia Briggs quote. I had to get it. Andfrom the first few pages, I am glad that I did.

Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

Thank you, Anonymous! I hope you enjoy it!

Zonk said...

My son and daughter will be returning from Ft Liqourdale for Christmas, and will be bringing me TDTD from the B&N there, and I'm very much looking forward to it :D

As for whether or not it compares favorably with Twilight, I will never know, as I have no plans to read that series...:P

I did read Geoffrey Chaucer's review of Twilight, which he calls a 'fyne book of sparklie vampyres' and says it contains 'considerablie moore sexual tensioun than in Piers Plowman' .>.>

:D:D:D