Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sleep Deprivation

So here I am, sitting in my desk chair at 2:36 a.m., trying very hard to stay awake until at least 3. Why? Because my store (the Evil Retail Establishment) is getting a huge face lift this week. Furniture move, new cashstand, new wall fixtures of various sorts, and lots of annoying "higher ups" in and out of the building offering their two cents. Know that old saying about how a camel is just a horse built by committee? That's what this week has felt like so far. The camel is useful in its own right, but not as aesthetically pleasing as a horse.

What does this have to do with staying up late? I have to work from 8pm tomorrow until about 3 or 4 a.m. Friday morning. The last night of this horrific relay is at least within eyesight, but it requires one more very late night. Hence staying up so that I can sleep in until around 1pm. Blogging at this hour seemed like an interesting experiment. I can read this in the morning to see if I can make coherent sense this late, with Rhapsody blasting through my headphones (Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" at this precise moment in time).

I did find an amusing website about half an hour ago. Bad Cookie, for bad forture cookie fortunes. The first one I got was something about evil thoughts in my heart. Made me laugh.

A van got towed out of the parking lot a few minutes ago. I only heard it because the wrecker's truck has squealy breaks, and the sound was bothering the cats.

Here are my babies, since I've never shown them off here on the blog:


The tabby is Hannah. She's a little brat, and is more likely to scratch than allow you to hold her. The b&w is Anya. She is a lap cat (only when I'm at my desk), and rarely struggles when she's being held. You can hold her sideways, upside down, or by her armpits, and she just sits there. She'll glare, but she'll just sit there. If you have never seen a cat glare, it is truly one of the most hilarious things ever.

2:48 a.m. "You'll Be the One" by A Month of Sundays is now playing.

Only ten more minutes. Then I can crash.

I think I can make it...

No comments: