Monday, May 15, 2006

The West Wing has come to the end of it's glorious run. Seven seasons of walk-and-talks, press briefings, budget meetings, back alley dealings, and Latin phrases (Post hoc, ergo propter hoc anyone?).

I admit, I am sorry to see the show leave the air. I love the transition to the new Presidency, with familiar faces in new roles, poised to create one of the best spin-offs this side of "Frasier." Alas, it is not to be. The actors have moved on, the sets are torn down, and there are new things on the horizon.

To celebrate a great series, I went back and picked out my ten favorite episodes, and put them in order, one to ten.

2.1 and 2.2 In The Shadow of Two Gunmen
4.19 Evidence of Things Not Seen
2.10 Noel
1.5 The Crackpots and These Women.
3.16 Dead Irish Writers
7.13 The Cold
5.5 Constituency of One
5.21 Gaza
7.18 Requiem.

No comments: